HOME FARMHOUSE ADJOINING WING AND REAR EXTENSION

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1139778

Date first listed: 25-Apr-1984

Statutory Address: HOME FARMHOUSE ADJOINING WING AND REAR EXTENSION

Map

Ordnance survey map of HOME FARMHOUSE ADJOINING WING AND REAR EXTENSION
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1139778 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Dec-2018 at 00:18:56.

Location

Statutory Address: HOME FARMHOUSE ADJOINING WING AND REAR EXTENSION

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Redcar and Cleveland (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Guisborough

National Park: NORTH YORK MOORS

National Grid Reference: NZ 59559 14362

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

GUISBOROUGH

318/4/92 HUTTON LOWCROSS 16-MAY-01 HOME FARMHOUSE ADJOINING WING AND REAR EXTENSION

II

House. Early C.19. Dressed sandstone, now rendered on front (S) elevation. Slate roof with stone ridge and gable copings and kneelers, stacks at gables. 2 storeys, 2 bays. Mid C.20 casement windows. Central mid C.19 gabled porch of dressed sandstone, slate roof with barge boards. 4-panelled door and rectangular fanlight. Listing includes lower, C.18 or earlier wing to R.H.S. Dressed local sandstone, rendered on front (S) elevation. Slate roof with stone ridge and gable copings. 2 storeys, One mid C.20 casement window to each floor and one narrow horizontal fixed-light window to L.H.S. of ground floor. Listing also includes rear extension to R.H.S wing; of re-used sandstone incorporating 2 sculptured medieval stones, probably from an ecclesiastical building and possibly the Hospital of St. Leonard or a Cistercian nunnery, both established at Hutton in the C.12. Included partly for group value with Home Farm outbuildings to the E. of the farmhouse.

(B.J.D. Harrison & G. Dixon (Eds), 'Guisborough before 1900', pp.18 & 65; and National Monument Record ref: F/53/95/8).



Listing NGR: NZ5956214364

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 59958

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Harrison, B J D, Dixon, G, Guisborough Before 1900, (1981), 18 65

End of official listing