WESTSIDE HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1139834

Date first listed: 05-May-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 28-Jul-1988

Statutory Address: WESTSIDE HOUSE, STOKESLEY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of WESTSIDE HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1139834 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2018 at 22:45:30.

Location

Statutory Address: WESTSIDE HOUSE, STOKESLEY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Middlesbrough (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: NZ 51464 15825

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

MIDDLESBROUGH STOKESLEY ROAD NZ 51 NW (5115) (west side), Marton.

4/77 Westside House 5.5.52 (formerly listed as Marton Vicarage). - II Vicarage, rebuilt in mid/late C19 on site of 1702 vicarage; west wing dated 1847, rest dated 1873. Now used as offices and laboratory. Brick, with rendered west wing. Welsh slate roofs with stone gable copings. H-plan with shaped-gabled cross wings. 2 storeys. (North) entrance front has 2-window centre and 1-window left and 2-window right slightly-projecting cross wings. Chamfered plinth. Central 6-panel door;and overlight with glazing bars, in plain flat surround under scrolled pediment, flanked by narrow sash windows with glazing bars. Right tripartite sash under basket arch on first floor. Left wing has tripartite sash windows, under basket arch on first floor. Brick entablature between floors. 2 stone tablets, in gable, with raised borders and lettering : "HEN ALLAIN 1702", under "C. BAILEY 1873". Right wing has one-storey half-octagonal bay window with flat lead roof. Similar tablet in gable : "H.T. AD 1847". Hip-roofed dormer window in centre. Lateral stacks, with conjoined shafts on wings; ridge stack on right wing. One-storey, hip-roofed, 2-bay left service wing. 2-window right return has paired crow-stepped gables with ball finials. Garden front similar to entrance front. INTERIOR : open-well staircase with turned balusters and newels, moulded handrail and string. Panelled doors in wood architraves. Moulded ceiling cornices in 1847 wing.

Listing NGR: NZ5146415825

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 59789

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing