TROUT'S MILL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1140022

Date first listed: 26-Nov-1985

Statutory Address: TROUT'S MILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of TROUT'S MILL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1140022 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2018 at 16:50:28.

Location

Statutory Address: TROUT'S MILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Menheniot

National Grid Reference: SX2834662123

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SX 26 SE MENHENIOT

11/96 Trout's Mill

II

Corn Mill (disused). Circa early C19 on site dating back to 1573. Mill, originally used as fulling mill, changing in c1820 to a grist mill. Rubblestone with bitumen coated scantle slate roof with hipped ends. 3 storeys, symmetrical 3 window front. Plank door to centre beneath timber lintel. Flanked by two 6-.pane lights with 3 similar windows to first and second floors beneath timber lintels. Remains of overshot water wheel to rear. Interior with considerable amount of machinery remaining including gear wheel with 3 pairs of stones in situ. Fourth lowered. Winnowing machine on first floor. Hoppers, remains of silk for screening, sash hoist with pulley wheels. Queen post truss roof. To rear, area known as rack park, used by fulling industry to dry cloth. Remains of launder used to carry water from leat to overshot wheel. Mill stopped work about 1920. Present owners have considerable knowledge of history of Mill and provided some of this information.

Listing NGR: SX2834662123

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 61299

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing