BULLS HEAD PUBLIC HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1140077

Date first listed: 23-Jan-1968

Statutory Address: 39, FORE STREET

Statutory Address: BULLS HEAD PUBLIC HOUSE, FORE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of BULLS HEAD PUBLIC HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1140077 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 19:20:02.

Location

Statutory Address: 39, FORE STREET

Statutory Address: BULLS HEAD PUBLIC HOUSE, FORE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Callington

National Grid Reference: SX 35890 69613

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SX 36 NE CALLINGTON FORE STREET (north side),

8/28 Bulls Head public house and No. 39 Fore Street 23.1.68 GV II

Public house and shop adjoining with premises over. Circa early C18, possibly with earlier core. Remodelled in circa late C18 and extended to rear. Whitewashed slate hung front with rendered left-hand side wall. Rendered rear wing. Slate roof with hipped end on left. Higher, asbestos slate roof with gabled ends to premises on right. Double depth plan with extending wing to rear on left. Fore Street elevation, 3 storeys, asymmetrical regular 3 window south front. Ground floor with C20 cross window on left with entrance to right. Timber door with pointed head and diamond leaded fanlight above. Moulded timber string above. Shop adjoining on right with late C19 glazed shop front and C20 glazed door in centre. First floor with sash with glazing bars removed on left. Two 4-pane sashes to right. Second floor with left-hand sash with top glazing bars removed. Right-hand side with two 16-pane sashes. Side wall on left with cross window in ground floor and 4-pane sash above. Church Street elevation, 2 storeys continuing rear wall of 3-storey range. 3 window front. Ground floor; 2 cross windows flanking central plank door with timber hood. Above, 3 sashes without glazing bars. Ground floor interiors altered. Upper floors not inspected. The Bulls Head was kept by Samuel Winter at the beginning of the C18. Edward Keast took over in 1748-1761. H. L. Douch Old Cornish Inns 1966

Listing NGR: SX3589269614

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 61229

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Douch, H L, Old Cornish Inns, (1966)

End of official listing