PILLAR FOUNTAIN TO THE FRONT OF NO 24

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1140129

Date first listed: 28-Apr-1993

Statutory Address: PILLAR FOUNTAIN TO THE FRONT OF NO 24, ASHBY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of PILLAR FOUNTAIN TO THE FRONT OF NO 24
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1140129 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Dec-2018 at 01:50:30.

Location

Statutory Address: PILLAR FOUNTAIN TO THE FRONT OF NO 24, ASHBY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Derbyshire

District: South Derbyshire (District Authority)

Parish: Ticknall

National Grid Reference: SK3493623430

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TICKNALL ASHBY ROAD SK 32 SW 1259-/4/0012 Pillar Fountain to the front of No 24 GV II

Pillar fountain. Manufactured by Glenfield and Kennedy Ltd of Kilmarnock. Erected 1914 at the instruction of Sir Vauncey Harpur-Crewe of Calke Abbey. Fluted cast iron cylindrical column, with moulded domed top, incorporating tap lever handle, Lion mask surround to tap outlet, and integral bucket platform to base. The design, apparently of the late C19 date is referred to as Kennedy's patent, self closing, anti-freezing Pillar fountain. The fountain forms part of a fresh water supply system for the village of Ticknall, (itself part of the Harpur-Crewe estate), of which 16 other examples (q.v.) survive. The fountains were served by gravity from a reservoir filled with water drawn from a well by wind-pump.



Listing NGR: SK3493623430

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 352047

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing