FARMBUILDINGS IMMEDIATELY TO SOUTH WEST OF MORVAL FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1140278

Date first listed: 18-Dec-1985

Statutory Address: FARMBUILDINGS IMMEDIATELY TO SOUTH WEST OF MORVAL FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of FARMBUILDINGS IMMEDIATELY TO SOUTH WEST OF MORVAL FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1140278 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 00:29:12.

Location

Statutory Address: FARMBUILDINGS IMMEDIATELY TO SOUTH WEST OF MORVAL FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Morval

National Grid Reference: SX 25750 56691

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SX 25 NE MORVAL MORVAL

4/96 Farmbuildings immediately to south - west of Morval Farmhouse

GV II

Range of courtyard farmbuildings comprising barn with shippon and threshing floor above, stable, further shippons and open stock yard. 1854 (datestone) erected for Buller family on barton farm of Morval Estate. Stone rubble and cob with corrugated iron, corrugated asbestos and cement-washed scantle slate roofs with gable ends. Square on plan, around an open courtyard with entrance opposite farmhouse (qv Morval Farmhouse) on north east and entrance from road on south east. 2-storey range on north west comprising shippon and threshing floor on left and probably stable with hayloft above on right. Left-hand range with 4 doors below dressed stone segmental arches (left-hand door blocked by range on left) with 3 windows with similar arches between. First floor with large double threshing doors near centre with 'I F B 1854' inscribed on cill andflanhed by 2 pairs of windows (left-hand blocked) with 2 rows of pigeon holes on right. Right-hand range with lower roof with 2 windows in dressed stone segmental arches flanking wide opening for cart and door to right. 3 windows above with 2 rows of pigeon holes. Range on south west of single storey with open-fronted stalls, partly rebuilt with timber posts and rear walls of cob and stone rubble. Single-storey ranges of stone rubble on south east and north east.

Listing NGR: SX2597156646

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 60729

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing