Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1140286

Date first listed: 21-Aug-1964

Statutory Address: VICARAGE


Ordnance survey map of VICARAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1140286 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Jan-2019 at 22:23:00.


Statutory Address: VICARAGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: St. Winnow

National Grid Reference: SX 11531 57262


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.



6/148 Vicarage

21/8/64 - II

Vicarage for Church of St Winnow circa 1740 with extension and remodelling circa 1800 by Robert Walker. Possibly earlier wing to rear. Buildings on west demolished in 1933 and further wing demolished in 1968. Single storey C20 extension to rear. Rubblestone with segmental brick arches to window openings on south front. Slate cills to windows on left and granite cills to later openings on right. Partly slate hung on rear. Slate roof with gabled ends and central projecting gabled front with deep overhanging eaves. Hipped scantle slate roof to rear wing. Brick stacks in gable ends and to right of centre gabled section.Interior remodelled with main range comprising long hallway on northside with reception rooms on south. Kitchen range and staircase in rear projecting wing. 2 storeys and attic and basement on south-west. Almost symmetrical 7 window front. Earlier building comprises left-hand side and centre range. When extended to right in circa 1800, the centre 3 bays were projected forward and surmounted by a gabled roof. Ground floor with 2 sashes, 6 panes above 9 panes each sash to flanking wings. Three 18-pane sashes to centre. 2nd floor, 2 sashes in wings, 3 panes above 3 panes each sash and 3 sashes, 6 panes above 3 panes (wrongly recorded) in centre. All windows except attics have horns with exposed boxes. The later right-hand part of front has sashes in reveals. Deep overhanging eaves of central gabled section supported on large timber corbelled painted brackets. Entrance in north-east corner on rear under flat roofed porch supported on timber posts. Porch continues to north with upper floor, partly stuccoed timber frame supported on timber posts. Interior with simple C19 staircase, open string with square balusters and turned newels. Segmental arch with double doors to parish room on north. Round arch with fanlight leading to west side of earlier range. Fireplace in room on south-east with marble doric columns and moulded frame. Simple coved cornices.

Listing NGR: SX1298160436


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 60648

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing