BODBRANE MANOR AND WELL HOUSE 5M TO NORTH WEST

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1140288

Date first listed: 18-Dec-1985

Statutory Address: BODBRANE MANOR AND WELL HOUSE 5M TO NORTH WEST

Map

Ordnance survey map of BODBRANE MANOR AND WELL HOUSE 5M TO NORTH WEST
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1140288 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2018 at 21:07:07.

Location

Statutory Address: BODBRANE MANOR AND WELL HOUSE 5M TO NORTH WEST

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Duloe

National Grid Reference: SX 23452 59584

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SW 25 NW DULOE 3/1 Bodbrane Manor and well house 5m to - north west

II

Farmhouse and well house. Farmhouse circa late C17. Extended to rear in circa early-mid C19 and re-orientated. Stone rubble and slate-hung above ground floor on south east (front) elevation. Left-hand front gable end clad in corrugated asbestos. Double span slate roof with projecting rendered stone rubble chimney stacks on double gable ends. The original circa late C17 house is the rear range and comprises 2 rooms and central through passage, the larger right-hand room was probably the hall kitchen and the left-hand room the parlour with a stair turret at the rear. In circa early to mid C19 the house was extended with a parallel range of 2 rooms and a central stair hall which now forms the front of what is a double depth plan overall. 2 storeys, symmetrical 3-window south east C19 elevation. Ground floor with 2 tripartite sashes below segmental arches. Central C19 6-panel door, top 4-lights glazed. Rendered and glazed C20 lean-to porch. Three C19 16-pane sashes without horns on first floor. C19 2-storeys lean-to extension of stone rubble on right-hand gable end. Rear, originally front elevation remodelled in circa mid C19. Interior Late C17 range with circa mid C18 dressed stone arch to kitchen fireplace on north east. Late Cl9/early C20 parlour fireplace with red brick arch. Circa early C18 6-panelled door with C20 hinges to stair projection. Timber stair in rectangular projection with timber treads rising around solid stone core. Mid C19 range with contemporary closed string stair with turned newel and square balusters. C19 cornices. Chimney pieces replaced. Well house, circa C19 to north west. Stone rubble with slate roof. Reused circa C17 granite lintel to opening. Circular well shaft. Domesday manor of Bodbran. Belonged to Arundels of Lanherne. Later to Joseph Grigg and Edmund Coode. J. Polsue Lake's Parochial History of the County of Cornwall. 1867-73 reprinted 1974.

Listing NGR: SX2206358017

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 60654

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Polsue, J, Lakes Parochial History of the County of Cornwall, (1872)

End of official listing