GROUP OF 3 TOMBCHESTS OF JOHN GRIGG JOSEPH GRIGG AND JOHN AND CATHERINE GRIGG 1-3M TO NORTH OF CHURCH OF ST CULY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1140298
Date first listed:
18-Dec-1985
Statutory Address:
GROUP OF 3 TOMBCHESTS OF JOHN GRIGG JOSEPH GRIGG AND JOHN AND CATHERINE GRIGG 1-3M TO NORTH OF CHURCH OF ST CULY

Map

Ordnance survey map of GROUP OF 3 TOMBCHESTS OF JOHN GRIGG JOSEPH GRIGG AND JOHN AND CATHERINE GRIGG 1-3M TO NORTH OF CHURCH OF ST CULY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1140298 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Sep-2019 at 19:11:25.

Location

Statutory Address:
GROUP OF 3 TOMBCHESTS OF JOHN GRIGG JOSEPH GRIGG AND JOHN AND CATHERINE GRIGG 1-3M TO NORTH OF CHURCH OF ST CULY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cornwall (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Duloe
National Grid Reference:
SX 23458 58106

Details

SX 25 NW DULOE DULOE

3/22 Group of 3 tombchests of John Grigg - Joseph Grigg and John and Catherine Grigg 1-3m to north of Church of St Culy GV II

3 tombchests. In memory of Joseph Grigg who died in 1821; John Grigg, his son and wife Catherine, died 1831 and John Grigg died 1843. Coursed ashlar slatestone with moulded bases and cornices. Unmoulded slate lids with upper and lower case lettering with serifs. Further slate panel attached to side of chest in memory of John Grigg and Christine his wife, late of Bodbrane (qv Bodbrane Manor) who died in 1842.

Listing NGR: SX2349858183

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
60679
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 10 Sep 2000
Reference: IOE01/03125/11
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Roger Norman. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].