This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

PONT PILL QUAY

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: PONT PILL QUAY

List entry Number: 1140304

Location

PONT PILL QUAY

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Cornwall

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Lanteglos

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 30-Apr-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 60588

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SX 15 SW LANTEGLOS-BY-FOWEY PONT

8/86 Pont Pill Quay -

GV II

Quays and 2 projecting jetties. Possibly early C18 although partly rebuilt. Rubble stone jetties curving inwards to the north and south to enclose a small sheltered inlet on the east, to form a quay on the west and the abutments of a bridge at the narrowest point in between. Timber bridge mid-C20. Rubble slate stone laid vertically on the west side of the quay. Abutments of the bridge have been partly rebuilt. The creek is fed by Peaks Water which comes down from Trefrawle and dries out at low tide. The quay was used for loading and unloading until the early C20. 2 lime kilns are situated to the north and south. At head of creek, St Winnow, the patron of Lanteglos Church, was reputed by Worcester to have suffered martyrdom. Source: C Henderson and H Coates, Old Cornish Bridges and Streams 1928 rp 1972

Listing NGR: SX1433551868

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Henderson, C, Coates, H, Old Cornish Bridges and Streams, (1928)

National Grid Reference: SX1433551868

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1140304 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2018 at 04:08:49.

End of official listing