TRETHAKE MILL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1140336

Date first listed: 20-Jun-1979

Statutory Address: TRETHAKE MILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of TRETHAKE MILL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1140336 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Dec-2018 at 02:34:57.

Location

Statutory Address: TRETHAKE MILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Lanteglos

National Grid Reference: SX 15580 53076

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SX 15 SE LANTEGLOS-BY-FOWEY

9/66 Trethake Mill

20/6/79 GV II

Corn water mill in course of conversion to dwelling. Probably C18 with recent alterations. Rubblestone with slurried slate roof with gable ends. 2 storeys, asymmetrical north front with back-shot hybrid wheel. Maker's name Oatleys of Wadebridge on inner side. Windows inserted above wheel on first floor and to right. C20 4-light timber casements with glazing bars. Door inserted below with brick segmental arch. 2 windows inserted on ground floor of gable end. 3-light timber casements with glazing bars. To rear original openings; timber lintel over ground floor door opening and 2-light centre hung casements with glazing bars on first floor. Extension on east gable end rebuilt in 1980s. Outstanding and complete wooden machinery retained in situ. Mill first mentioned in 1309 and as Kent's mill in Leylande.

Listing NGR: SX1558353051

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 60565

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Toulmin Smith, L, The Itinerary of John Leland in or about the Years 1535-1543, (1964)

End of official listing