PARISH CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS AND ST FAITH

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: I

List Entry Number: 1140384

Date first listed: 17-Jan-1952

Statutory Address: PARISH CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS AND ST FAITH, ALEXANDRA SQUARE

Statutory Address: PARISH CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS AND ST FAITH, STATION ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of PARISH CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS AND ST FAITH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1140384 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2018 at 05:46:21.

Location

Statutory Address: PARISH CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS AND ST FAITH, ALEXANDRA SQUARE

Statutory Address: PARISH CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS AND ST FAITH, STATION ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Saltash

National Grid Reference: SX 43108 58813

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

STATION ROAD 1. 5155 Alexandra Square Parish Church of St Nicholas and St Faith SX 4358 6/1 17.1.52 GV 2. Norman origins can be detected particularly in the north tower loft - set to north of nave. Remodelled in C14 and C15. Built of rubble with slate roofs. Consists of a nave and north aisle. 5 bays in all, perpendicular and intersecting tracery. Gabled south porch with early C17-looking doorway with moulded label. carved spandrels and niche over (therefore presumably pre-1558); moulded holy water strip inside porch. Blocked Norman south door, roughly central with blind tympanum. Large gabled C15 chapel to south . Double plastered wagon roofs. Square plan font removed from Wedgeworthy Farm (which like Shillingha , Erth Barton and others may have had its own chapel).



Listing NGR: SX4311158817

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 60475

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing