'BOLVENTOR' CHURCH OF ST LUKE AND ATTACHED SUNDAY SCHOOL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1140483
Date first listed:
05-Nov-1987
Statutory Address:
'BOLVENTOR' CHURCH OF ST LUKE AND ATTACHED SUNDAY SCHOOL

Map

Ordnance survey map of 'BOLVENTOR' CHURCH OF ST LUKE AND ATTACHED SUNDAY SCHOOL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1140483.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Feb-2020 at 23:32:40.

Location

Statutory Address:
'BOLVENTOR' CHURCH OF ST LUKE AND ATTACHED SUNDAY SCHOOL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cornwall (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
St. Neot
National Grid Reference:
SX1950976431

Details

ST NEOT SX 17 NE 'Bolventor' 1/101 Church of St Luke and attached - Sunday School II

Methodist church; formerly a Bible Christian Chapel dated 1891, with Sunday School of near contemporary date attached. Few later alterations. Granite rubble with brick dressings, partly slate-hung. Hipped slate roof with crested ridge tiles. Plan: Single auditorium plan with ritual east at the left end, entrance through porch to right. Sunday School attached at the right end. The Sunday School is built into the bank at the rear, with unheated ground and first floor room to rear. Exterior: The front of the chapel has three 3-pane lights with margin glazing and pointed arches; gabled porch with bargeboards to right, with slate datestone with Gothic lettering: BCC 1891; outer doorway has shouldered head, plain inner door. Left end slate hung. Rear slate-hung with 2 windows as on front. Sunday School attached to right end, has half-hipped roof to front, plain double doors with round-arched fanlight. Right side has two C20 20-pane lights, door to end and upper 6-pane light. Rear has door and 9-pane light at upper ground level. Interior: not accessible.

Listing NGR: SX1950976431

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
62240
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 04 May 2002
Reference: IOE01/05231/31
Rights: Copyright IoE Anne Newell. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].