HALL BARTON FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1140697

Date first listed: 26-Mar-1986

Statutory Address: HALL BARTON FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of HALL BARTON FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1140697 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 02:51:45.

Location

Statutory Address: HALL BARTON FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Pelynt

National Grid Reference: SX 20471 55152

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

PELYNT PELYNT SX 25 NW 2/189 Hall Barton Farmhouse - II

Farmhouse. Possibly with C18 origins extended and remodelled in mid C19. Stone rubble with some reused dressed granite from earlier house. Stone rubble plinth on front elevation. Front elevation slate-hung above base. Cement-washed scantle slate roof with gable ends. At least 2 early crested ridge tiles. Projecting stone rubble chimney stacks on gable ends with further projecting stone rubble kitchen chimney stack on rear slope of lower left-hand gable end. Double depth plan with principal room on either side of central entrance hall. 2 storeys, symmetrical 3-window front. Ground floor with 2 tripartite sash windows flanking C20 central glazed porch on brick base and with hipped slate roof. C19 panelled inner door with panelled reveals within. First floor with 2 tripartite sashes flanking central 16-pane sash. Rear elevation asymmetrical with C19 2-light casements beneath brick segmental arches. Rear entrance in outshut projecting from lower kitchen end. Much dressed granite from earlier manor house, known as La Halle, in surrounding outbuildings and in yard. Manor and advowson of Pelynt given to the monastic house of Newenham in 1247. As Dissolution threatened, La Halle was granted by the monks to William Achym. Grigson, G Freedom of the Parish 1954 rp 1982.

Listing NGR: SX2047155152

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 61653

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Grigson, G, Freedom of the Parish, (1954)

End of official listing