This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

MILL HOUSE, CRUMPLEHORN INN

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: MILL HOUSE, CRUMPLEHORN INN

List entry Number: 1140795

Location

MILL HOUSE, CRUMPLEHORN INN

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Cornwall

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Lansallos

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 26-Mar-1986

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 61483

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LANSALLOS CRUMPLEHORN SX 2051-2151

5/21 Mill House, Crumplehorn Inn

GV II Mill, now part of public house and holiday accommodation. Circa late C18. Painted stone rubble with slate roof with gabled ends. Plan altered with machinery removed. Mill wheel retained on left-hand gable end. 2 storeys, asymmetrical 2-window front. Ground floor with C20 2-light casement with glazing bars and C20 part glazed stable door to right. Both beneath timber lintels. First floor with 2 C20 2-light casements with glazing bars. Row of pigeon holes beneath eaves. Hybrid overshot mill wheel on left-hand gable end by G.H. Harris of Wadebridge. Replaces earlier timber wheel. Originally called Killigarth Manor Mill. Site located on Tithe Apportionment Maps (1839). Last occupant Zephaniah Job. Closed between 1923 and 1926. Zephaniah Job was probably the greatest single benefactor in Polperro acting as advisor, accountant and banker. See photograph taken in about 1910 of Mill in S de Burlet's Portrait of Polperro 1977, p 27. Also photographs of earlier Mill taken circa 1860s by Lewis Harding. See A. Lanyon The Rooks of Trelawne, 1976.

Listing NGR: SX2048251523

Selected Sources

Books and journals
De Burlet, S, Portrait of Polperro, (1977)
Lanyon, A, The Rocks of Trelawne, (1976)

National Grid Reference: SX 20517 51511

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1140795 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Aug-2018 at 09:53:25.

End of official listing