POINT QUAY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1140872

Date first listed: 12-Mar-1986

Statutory Address: POINT QUAY

Map

Ordnance survey map of POINT QUAY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1140872 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2018 at 07:30:53.

Location

Statutory Address: POINT QUAY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Feock

National Grid Reference: SW8103238477

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SW 83 NW FEOCK POINT

4/68 Point Quay

GV II

Quay. Circa late C18. Built for Lemon of Cardew supplementing earlier quays built for Daniell of Trelissick. Slatestone rubble with granite copings and quoins. Loading area bordered by walling to south and west with right angle to south and further walled projection forming inner angle to north east corner. Walling is slightly battered and mostly uncoursed vertically-set by granite coins. 2 original loading bays with cobbled ramps. Constructed for loading mineral ore from the mining hinterland and later incorporated into the Redruth and Chasewater Railway complex 1824-1915. William Lemon, 1748-1824, H.P, from 1770-1824, presided over the development of Lemon Street, Truro, lived at and extended Cardew, Mylor, and was one of the principal land and mineral rights owners of his time. Source; LEMON STREET AND ITS NEIGHBOURHOOD, TRURO.

Listing NGR: SW8103238477

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 63343

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Lemon Street and its Neighbourhood, (1980)

End of official listing