This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

PORTSCATHO UNITED REFORMED CHURCH

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: PORTSCATHO UNITED REFORMED CHURCH

List entry Number: 1141024

Location

PORTSCATHO UNITED REFORMED CHURCH, THE LUGGER

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Cornwall

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Gerrans

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 25-Jun-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 63008

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SW 83 NE GERRANS THE LUGGER (south side),Portscatho

3/44 Portscatho United Reformed Church -

GV II

Nonconformist chapel. 1822. Stucco over rubble walls and dry Delabole slate roof with gable ends. Rectangular plan with rostrum at east end, gallery at west end and north porch. Simple Early English Gothic style. Single storey. 3 window north, entrance front. Main entrance porch between windows 2 and 3 with central pointed doorway, double wooden doors with elaborate iron hinges and plaster hoodmould. 2 tier diagonal buttresses with offsets. Exposed purlin ends and rafter gable with turned finial and pendant. Further pointed doorway with hoodmould to far right. Wooden windows each with 2 pointed arched lights in pointed arched opening with hoodmould. Little altered interior has segmental arched plaster ceiling with moulded cornice containing acanthus and roses. Central rose with similar detail and 2 roses with Greek key detail. Gallery front has blind intersecting round arches. Cast iron wall Cast iron wall candelabra, Rostrum altered slightly, pulpit circa 1920.

Listing NGR: SW8788035183

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SW8788035183

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1141024 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Aug-2018 at 03:37:50.

End of official listing