This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

TREGONY HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: TREGONY HOUSE

List entry Number: 1141033

Location

TREGONY HOUSE, 15, FORE STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Cornwall

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Tregoney

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 27-Nov-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 62928

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SW 94 SW TREGONY FORE STREET (south side) TREGONY 5/99 No. 15 (Tregony House) - (formerly known as Brick House)

GV II

Town house. Circa 1740 with C17 wing with later additions. Front refenestrated late C19. Rendered bricks front, painted rubble rear and wing with-asbestos and scantle slate roofs. Chimneys over and lateral stack gable ends. Single depth 2 room plan with stair turret to rear left and and long wing to rear right. 2 storeys. 3 window front. Wide central 6 panel door with beaded bottom panel and overlight. Windows are 6 pane sashes with horns. Stucco platband. Slightly projecting eaves. C19 brick chimney over left gable and C20 brick chimney over right gable shared with No. 14. Rear wing is of 3 builds and C17 2 light wooden mullioned window with notches for saddle bars and inward opening later casements survives to ground floor. South wall. In north wall is heavy ovolo moulded 4 pane light of first half of C18 and probably reused fragment of original sashes to front. Interior of C18 part is fairly intact with semi-circular arch to passage, fielded 2 panel doors with HL hinges, heavy turned baluster unequal dog leg stair with landing balustrade and moulded plaster ceiling cornices. In first floor room of wing is C17 oak ovolo moulded fireplace lintel supported on ovolo moulded oak corbels. Pegged trusses to main roof may be circa 1800.

Listing NGR: SW9256644933

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SW 92566 44933

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1141033 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2018 at 10:52:26.

End of official listing