This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

TREHANE COACH HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: TREHANE COACH HOUSE

List entry Number: 1141095

Location

TREHANE COACH HOUSE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Cornwall

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Probus

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 30-May-1967

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 62767

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

PROBUS SW 84 NE 4/59 Trehane Coach House 30 - 5-67 GV II

House, formerly coach house to Trehane House (q.v.) which is now in ruins after being gutted by fire in 1946. C18. Brick laid to Flemish bond on stone base with hipped scantle roof and brick chimneys. Building was heightened and converted after fire in main house in 1946. Rectangular plan. 2 storeys (was single storey), 3 windows central door in reduced opening. Ground floor openings spanned by shallow brick arches. Windows are 12 paned sashes with sidelights. Lead rainwater head and downpipe dated 1703 from old house with initials W.I.C. for Williams Impaling Courtenay. The rainwater head is very fine with semi circular sump, shield with lions over and moulded cornice. Interior was remodelled after 1946.

Listing NGR: SW8653948276

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SW 86539 48276

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1141095 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Aug-2018 at 11:15:24.

End of official listing