BREWHOUSE APPROXIMATELY 2 METRES SOUTH WEST OF VERONICA FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1141236
Date first listed:
14-Dec-1992
Statutory Address:
BREWHOUSE APPROXIMATELY 2 METRES SOUTH WEST OF VERONICA FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BREWHOUSE APPROXIMATELY 2 METRES SOUTH WEST OF VERONICA FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1141236 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Jul-2019 at 10:41:46.

Location

Statutory Address:
BREWHOUSE APPROXIMATELY 2 METRES SOUTH WEST OF VERONICA FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Isles of Scilly (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Bryher
National Grid Reference:
SV8783514701

Details

BRYHER

SV81SE Brewhouse approx. 2m SW of Veronica 1358-0/3/4 Farmhouse

GV II

Brewhouse. C19. Roughly coursed granite rubble with gabled pantile roof and granite end stack. One storey with loft. Granite lintels over plank door to right and small window to left; small loft window under eaves. Interior: granite lintel over fireplace and 4 nailed A-frame trusses. Many C18 and C19 observers, such as Borlase, noted that almost every house on the islands was into milling corn by hand and brewing. (Borlase, W: Observations on the ..... the Islands of Scilly: Oxford: 1754-: 69).

Listing NGR: SV8783614702

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
62441
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Borlase, W, Observations on the Antiquities of the Islands of Scilly, (1754), 69

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 25 Sep 2001
Reference: IOE01/05602/29
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Bernard Stradling. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].