CHURCH OF ST AGNES

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1141238
Date first listed:
06-Apr-1959
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST AGNES

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST AGNES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1141238.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 28-Feb-2020 at 19:09:55.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST AGNES

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Isles of Scilly (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
St. Agnes
National Grid Reference:
SV 87741 08297

Details

ST. AGNES

SV80NE Church of St. Agnes 1358-0/6/8 06/04/59

II

Church. Early C19. Roughly coursed granite rubble with slate roof. Single-cell plan with west tower. Semi-circular arched east window. Square-headed C20 windows to 3-bay side walls; lean-to porch to south. Plain 3-stage tower with brick voussoirs to round belfry windows. Interior: complete set of C19 fittings include pitched deal A-frame roof, painted pine benches with poppy-head bench ends, brass oil lamps, plain granite font with chamfered sides, panelled gallery front and pulpit with tester. (Buildings of England: Pevsner, N and Ratcliffe, E: Cornwall: London: 1951-1970: 209).

Listing NGR: SV8774108297

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
62447
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Cornwall, (1951), 209
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Gloucestershire: The Cotswolds, (1970), 209

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 23 May 2002
Reference: IOE01/06832/05
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr GW Tanner. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].