CARRADALE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1141380

Date first listed: 21-Aug-1978

Statutory Address: CARRADALE FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CARRADALE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1141380 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2018 at 21:21:39.

Location

Statutory Address: CARRADALE FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: East Devon (District Authority)

Parish: Rockbeare

National Grid Reference: SY 03651 94956

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SY 09 SW ROCKBEARE

3/98 Carradale Farmhouse - 21.8.78 - II

Farmhouse. Circa 1830, some parts may be earlier. Plastered brick on stone rubble footings; brick stacks and some C19 chimney pots; slate roof. L-shaped house with main block facing south and having a 2-room plan with central staircase and end stacks. 2-room plan service block at right angles to rear of left (western) room and contains projecting inner lateral stacks and end stack. 2 storeys. Symmetrical 3-window front. Apparently the ground floor windows were originally 20- pane sashes and those on the first floor 16 pane sashes but were partly mended with larger panes after bomb blast damage in 1944. The central doorway contains plain panelled double doors with a doorcase having panelled pilasters, a segmental arch and short flat hood. Plain eaves and roof is hipped both ends. The outer (western) face of the rear block has a 3-window front of casements with glazing bars and a secondary door with C20 gabled and slate-roofed porch. The inner face contains a 12 pane sash. A woodshed lean-to to rear of the main block includes 2 reused C17 oak 3- light window frames with chamfered mullions. Interior not available for inspection at time of survey but is said to include much original joinery detail including the stair.

Listing NGR: SY0365194956

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 352420

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing