This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

LANNER FARM. ANIMAL HOUSE AND STORE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: LANNER FARM. ANIMAL HOUSE AND STORE

List entry Number: 1141470

Location

LANNER FARM. ANIMAL HOUSE AND STORE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Cornwall

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: St. Allen

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 16-Nov-1988

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 63907

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST ALLEN SW 84 NW 7/68 Lanner Farm. Animal House and store.

--- II

Farm building comprising cowshed with corn store on upper floor. C17 -C18, extended C18 or early C19. Killas, with large granite moorstone quoins, cob to upper floor, extended to south in killas. Scantle slate roof. Ground floor has three 2-light timber openings with timber lintels, one pair of doors and cartdoors. Two pitching doors to upper floor and 3 similar vents. Ramp access to first floor at rear at centre of earlier build. Eaves of large slates. C20 lean-to added along rear. Interior: 11 Cornish trusses. Upper floor rendered internally and slating torched.

Lanner was founded by Bishop Branescombe in the C13 and became an important barton of the see of Exeter. The bishops made frequent visits between 1269 and 1328. The present house is not of special interest.

Listing NGR: SW8250049727

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SW8250049727

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1141470 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Aug-2018 at 01:07:55.

End of official listing