FARM BUILDINGS IMMEDIATELY NORTH EAST OF TREVELLAS FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1141489

Date first listed: 31-Oct-1988

Statutory Address: FARM BUILDINGS IMMEDIATELY NORTH EAST OF TREVELLAS FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of FARM BUILDINGS IMMEDIATELY NORTH EAST OF TREVELLAS FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1141489 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 11-Dec-2018 at 10:58:57.

Location

Statutory Address: FARM BUILDINGS IMMEDIATELY NORTH EAST OF TREVELLAS FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: St. Agnes

National Grid Reference: SW 73324 51714

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST AGNES TREVELLAS SW 75 SW 4/223 Farm buildings immediately north- - east of Trevellas Farmhouse GV ` II

Farm buildings, including a barn, remodelled from probable former service range of house, stables and an engine house. C18 extended in the C19 and in 1909. Killas rubble walls (some of which is roughly coursed). Some granite dressings, some brick dressings, mostly timber lintels over the openings. Steep grouted scantle slate roof with gable ends over the older range; grouted scantle slate hipped roof over the stables and Delabole slate hipped roofs over the 1909 engine house. Plan: Irregular plan. long C18 (possibly partly C17) range with shippon under and hayloft above. Probably C19 parallel range behind the right-hand side; circa mid C19 stables with loft over, built at right angle behind the left-hand side. Left of the stables is a single storey engine house (1909) linked to the loft of the stable by a roofed bridge. There used to be an older horse-engine house in front of the old barn. Exterior: 2 storeys. Largely unaltered elevations with old or original openings. Some old windows and shutters. South front has older coursed masonry to the right. Doorway to ground floor now fitted with windows or blocks, old shuttered windows to first floor. Rear has 2 loading doorways (one blocked); 2 C19 windows with vertical glazing bars and random panes; and chamfered wooden lintels over 2 of the ground floor openings. Stables have symmetrical 2-window east front with central doorway. The openings are spanned by cambered brick arches. Interior: Little altered since the C19: some old shippon standings; C19 first floor structures and most roof structure except right-hand end of barn which has a C18 pegged roof structure. Evidence for fireplace at right-hand end.

Listing NGR: SW7332451714

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 63851

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing