SMITHS SHOP

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1141604

Date first listed: 30-May-1967

Date of most recent amendment: 12-Mar-1986

Statutory Address: SMITHS SHOP

Map

Ordnance survey map of SMITHS SHOP
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1141604 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 09:39:14.

Location

Statutory Address: SMITHS SHOP

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Mylor

National Grid Reference: SW7762438481

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SW 73 NE MYLOR PERRAN WHARF

3/254 Smiths shop,( formerly part of group 30.5.67 listed as Perran Foundry)

GV II

Smiths shop, ruin. Circa early C19. Shale rubble walling with granite quoins, jambstones and lintels. Plan was originally of a large rectangular building adjoining Loam shop and Moulding Shop, at west (since removed and Green Sand Shop, qv.), to south. Outer walling only still standing with complete section along north side. Originally containing a water powered hammer mill and further water wheel beside south wall. (Much evidence of former use can still be seen in surviving walling). 2 storeys. North wall has 2 original doorways and original vertical glazed window over right-hand doorway. On the inside of the wall are stone piers at each bay. Part of the Perran Iron Foundry, founded in 1791, and in its heyday the most important foundry in Cornwall, manufacturing some of the largest beam engines ever constructed. Plan of Perran Foundry, circa 1860 (CRO).

Listing NGR: SW7762438481

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 63532

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing