BRASS SHOP, BOLT SHOP AND BOILER HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1141605

Date first listed: 30-May-1967

Date of most recent amendment: 12-Mar-1986

Statutory Address: BRASS SHOP, BOLT SHOP AND BOILER HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BRASS SHOP, BOLT SHOP AND BOILER HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1141605 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2018 at 18:45:23.

Location

Statutory Address: BRASS SHOP, BOLT SHOP AND BOILER HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Mylor

National Grid Reference: SW 77650 38456

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SW 73 NE MYLOR PERRAN WHARF

3/255 Brass Shop, Bolt Shop and Boiler 30.5.67 House, (formerly part of group listed as Perran Foundry )

GV II

Brass shop, bolt shop and boiler house, now used as stores. Circa early C19. Lime- washed rubble with granite sills, quoins and timber lintels. Mostly clay pantile roofs with gable ends. Irregular U-shaped plan of Brass Shop and Bolt Shop in wing projecting east on south side and boiler house projecting at north, adjoining Green Sand Shop qv at west and Smiths shop at north. Former waterwheel serving Smiths shop was in north west corner. Single storey. North wall of Bolt Shop and Brass Shop retain 3 original 30-paned cast iron windows with spikes behind glass. Part of the Perran Iron Foundry, founded in 1791, and in its heyday the most important foundry in Cornwall, manufacturing some of the largest beam engines ever constructed. Plan of Perran Foundry, circa 1860 (CRO). Notable for the pantile roofs and the cast iron windows of which very few survive in Cornwall.

Listing NGR: SW7765038456

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 63533

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing