CLOCKTOWER, COACH HOUSES AND STABLING AT APPROX 25M SOUTH-WEST OF MANOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1141752

Date first listed: 10-Jul-1957

Statutory Address: CLOCKTOWER, COACH HOUSES AND STABLING AT APPROX 25M SOUTH-WEST OF MANOR HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CLOCKTOWER, COACH HOUSES AND STABLING AT APPROX 25M SOUTH-WEST OF MANOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1141752 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Dec-2018 at 14:10:15.

Location

Statutory Address: CLOCKTOWER, COACH HOUSES AND STABLING AT APPROX 25M SOUTH-WEST OF MANOR HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Cury

National Grid Reference: SW 69070 20731

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SW 62 SE CURY

3/7 Clocktower, coach houses and 10.7.57 stabling at approx 25m south-west of Manor House GV II

Clocktower, coach houses and stabling, now converted to holiday accommodation. Circa mid and late C19. Serpentine ashlar and rubble with granite sills, lintels and voussoirs. Dry Delabole and scantle slate roofs with gables except at corners. One serpentine ashlar chimney. Overall U-shaped plan on 3 sides of a courtyard and with a gateway on the fourth side. West range has tall 2-stage square clocktower adjoining at right (north) and 2 slightly projecting cross wings with room over adjoining clocktower and left (south) of middle. South range has courtyard front (north) on granite piers, originally open, but infilled C20 between piers. East range is similar but courtyard front (west) is supported on iron stanchions. Section of wall and gateway enclose the fourth (north) side. Single storey. West range east front of 1:1:2:1 bays plus clocktower built forward on right. Second from left and right bay is principal wide coach entrance with elliptical arched doorway, small window to gable of reduced width over (further gable rear with chimney). Further doorways to left and right-hand bays and to south wall of tower, otherwise windows. C20 doors and glazing. The tower has small latticed windows to lower part of upper stack and square blind opening above except to east which has original clock face. Embattled parapet with louvred spire over middle of tower. Interior not inspected. The clocktower, it has been suggested, was possibly built in 1887 to commemorate Queen Victoria's, 50th year as Monarch, and one of a number of Jubilee towers built at this time. These buildings are part of a substantial planned C19 group relating to Bochym Manor House qv.

Listing NGR: SW6907020731

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 65166

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing