CHURCH COTTAGE AND WYNWALLOW COTTAGE, AND CHURCH TOWN FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1141879

Date first listed: 10-Jul-1957

Date of most recent amendment: 09-Oct-1984

Statutory Address: CHURCH COTTAGE AND WYNWALLOW COTTAGE, AND CHURCH TOWN FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH COTTAGE AND WYNWALLOW COTTAGE, AND CHURCH TOWN FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1141879 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2018 at 10:23:59.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH COTTAGE AND WYNWALLOW COTTAGE, AND CHURCH TOWN FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Landewednack

National Grid Reference: SW 71106 12586

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LANDEWEDNACK CHURCH COVE SW 71 SW 9/67 Church Cottage and Wynwallow Cottage, and Church Town Farmhouse (formerly listed as the 10 7 57 Laurels and Churchtown Farm Cottage) GV II Farmhouse now 2 dwellings. C17. Whitewashed stone base with upper walls of whitewashed stone and plastered cob. Stone east gable end. Timber lintels and slate sills. Thatched roof. Large stone chimney stack on east gable end and brick chimney on ridge right-hand of centre. 3 unit with cross passage and projecting staircase bay on front. Later extensions on rear and single storey extensions on east, previously with steeply pitched roof, now low pitched. 1½ storeys, 2 horizontal sliding sash windows with glazing bars flank C19 partly glazed entrance door. Staircase projection to right (west) with small window. On right of projection, small horizontal sliding sash window with glazing bars to left of second entrance door. On first floor 5 horizontal sliding sash windows with glazing bars, directly below eaves. Left-hand fireplace (east) partly blocked with Cornish range, only end of cut timber lintel. Visible within fringle (smoking chamber). Proportion of first floor joists have been replaced. Collar rafter roof pegged at apex. Attached to rear of building, dwelling now hen house. Possibly pre-1700 stone base with unplastered cob walls and slate roof. 2 storey with window opening on ground floor enlarged to form entrance. First floor joists and roof timbers replaced. Attached on right-hand side of Wynwallow Cottage (to west) Church Town Farmhouse, mid-C19 of 2 storeys, symmetrical, rendered with slate roof and rendered chimneys on gable ends. 2 sash windows (12 pane) on ground floor with central round-headed entrance. 3 sash windows (12 pane) above. Wing at right angles to rear extending southwards, C18. Whitewashed stone base with upper cob walls. Asymmetrical with later extension on front and altered windows on facade. Corrugated roof replaced thatch in 1940s. Reputed to have contained coat of arms (now gone) altered. (Interior of Church Town Farmhouse not inspected).

Listing NGR: SW7110112582

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 64646

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing