STABLES AND COACH HOUSE WEST SOUTH WEST OF THE TREWARDREVA HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1142138

Date first listed: 17-Jun-1988

Date of most recent amendment: 26-Sep-1988

Statutory Address: STABLES AND COACH HOUSE WEST SOUTH WEST OF THE TREWARDREVA HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLES AND COACH HOUSE WEST SOUTH WEST OF THE TREWARDREVA HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1142138 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2018 at 01:34:43.

Location

Statutory Address: STABLES AND COACH HOUSE WEST SOUTH WEST OF THE TREWARDREVA HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Constantine

National Grid Reference: SW 72577 30143

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

The heading and list description for item 5/64 shall be amended to read:-

SW 73 SW CONSTANTINE

5/64 Stables and coach house west south west of the Trewardreva House

GV II*

Stables and coach house to Trewardreva House qv. Probably built in 1719 when Trewardreva House was remodelled by Thomas Trewaren. Granite rubble with a granite ashlar front and left hand (south) end. Scantle slate hipped roof with red clay ridge tiles. Plan; Rectangular on plan. The stables are entered through a doorway at the centre of the front and the integral coach house at the right hand end is entered through a doorway in the right hand end wall. The loft above the whole building is entered via external stairs at the right hand end at the back where the ground level is higher. Exterior; 2-storeys. Symmetrical 5 window front of ashlar with flat stone arches to the windows and segmental arch to the central doorway. The opening above the doorway is blind. The other windows have C19 and C20 casements with glazing bars and the central doorway has circa C19 plank double doors. The right hand (north) end has a wide carriage doorway with an elliptical dressed granite arch and later plank doors. To the right at this end external stairs to the loft doorway with a C19 glazed door. The left hand (south) end is ashlar and has a doorway to the right with a segmental arch with a fanlight and plank door. The rear (west) elevation has an external flight of stairs to the right of centre to the loft doorway with a plank door. In the angle to the right of the stairs a small single storey outshut and to the left a group of brick pigeon holes. Interior; The stable stalls have been removed. The roof structure was not inspected. Source; Charles Henderson. A History of the Parish of Constantine in Cornwall. page 78.

------------------------------------

SW 73 SW CONSTANTINE

5/64 Stables and coach house west south - west of the Trewardreva House, including gate-piers immediately east

GV II*

Stables and coach house to Trewardreva House qv. Probably built in 1719 when Trewardreva House was remodelled by Thomas Trewaren. Granite rubble with a granite ashlar front and left hand (south) end. Scantle slate hipped roof with red clay ridge tiles. Plan: Rectangular on plan. The stables are entered through a doorway at the centre of the front and the integral coach house at the right hand end is entered through a doorway in the right hand end wall. The loft above the whole building is entered via external stairs at the right hand end at the back where the ground level is higher. Exterior: 2-storeys. Symmetrical 5 window front of ashlar with flat stone arches to the windows and a segmental arch to the central doorway. The opening above the doorway is blind. The other windows have C19 and C20 casements with glazing bars and the central doorway has circa C19 plank double doors. The right hand (north) end has a wide carriage doorway with an elliptical dressed granite arch and later plank doors. To the right at this end external stairs to the loft doorway with a C19 glazed door. The left hand (south) end is ashlar and has a doorway to the right with a segmental arch with a fanlight and plank door. The rear (west) elevation has an external flight of stairs to the right of centre to the loft doorway with a plank door. In the angle to the right of the stairs a small single storey outshut and to the left a group of brick pigeon holes. Interior: The stable stalls have been removed. The roof structure was not inspected. Including a pair of gate-piers immediately east: The dressed granite gate-piers with chamfered caps were erected in circa 1936 and incorrorate circa C17/18 finials with ogee conical necks and large ball finails, all of granite. The finials were moved from a position in front of the house where they were reused as garden ornaments. Source: Charles Henderson. A History of the Parish of Constantine in Cornwall. page 78.

Listing NGR: SW7257730143

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 66049

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Henderson, C, A History of the Parish of Constantine in Cornwall78

End of official listing