Gate piers, gates and flanking walls south of Chynhale Methodist Church

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1142168

Date first listed: 26-Aug-1987

Statutory Address: Chynhale Methodist Church, Sithney, Helston, TR13 0RX

Map

Ordnance survey map of Gate piers, gates and flanking walls south of Chynhale Methodist Church
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1142168 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2018 at 22:13:28.

Location

Statutory Address: Chynhale Methodist Church, Sithney, Helston, TR13 0RX

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Sithney

National Grid Reference: SW6420230832

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 09/05/2018

SW 63 SW 4/245

SITHNEY Gate piers, gates and flanking walls south of Chynhale Methodist Church

GV II Gate piers, gates and flanking walls. Circa 1879. Designed for William Bickford-Smith. The gates were supplied by the Tuckingmill Foundry.

Granite rubble walls, dressed granite copings, dressed granite monolith piers and cast-iron gates. The walls are cyma-on-plan linked to a central gateway with square-on-plan gate piers. Low walls with chamfered copings, former iron railings removed (1943). The gate piers have double kneckings, moulded cornices and cruciform caps with gables front and rear. The terminal piers are slightly simpler. Heavy cast iron gates with pierced tracery incorporating quatrefoils and trefoils, the ogee heads of the upper tracery becoming poppy head finials above the top rail. In front of the gateway is a cobbled forecourt with a granite kerb.

Listing NGR: SW6420230832

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 65925

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing