TREVILLIAN'S GATE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1142347

Date first listed: 11-Nov-1987

Statutory Address: TREVILLIAN'S GATE

Map

Ordnance survey map of TREVILLIAN'S GATE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1142347 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Dec-2018 at 23:27:57.

Location

Statutory Address: TREVILLIAN'S GATE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Davidstow

National Grid Reference: SX 16634 83914

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

DAVIDSTOW SX 18 SE 4/128 Trevillian's Gate - II

House. Circa C18 origins partly rebuilt in 1836 for R C Vosper (datestone). Rendered stone rubble. Dressed stone arches to openings. Slate roof with hipped end on right and gable end on left. Brick axial stack to left of centre and projecting stone rubble rear lateral stack to right. Plan: 2 room and cross or through passage plan, the left hand room heated by an axial stack backing onto the passage and the right hand room heated by a rear lateral stack. C20 extension to rear. Exterior: 2 storeys regular 3 window front with dressed stone flat arches with keystones to window openings. Entrance to right of centre with pointed arch with roll mould, incised fleur de lys and datestone RCV 1836. Interior: Ceiling beams replaced. Unmoulded granite lintel to fireplace of left hand room. Dressed granite flat arch to fireplace in right hand room. First floor not inspected. Gate to Basil Manor, St Clether held by the Trevillians from temp Elizabeth I to the C18. House restored by R C Vosper in 1836 when the arch over the entrance was installed. The arch has reputedly come from the ruins of the chapel on the eastern peak of Roughtor. The cottage became an inn in the later C19 (Britannia Inn).



Listing NGR: SX1663483914

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 67396

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing