This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

LAVETHAN MILL

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: LAVETHAN MILL

List entry Number: 1142373

Location

LAVETHAN MILL

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Cornwall

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Blisland

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 11-Nov-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 67362

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BLISLAND MERRY MEETING SX 07 SE 8/93 Lavethan Mill -

GV II

Watermill and adjoining barn. Circa early C19 incorporating some dressed stone from earlier mill. Stone rubble with granite quoins. Slate roof with gable ends; higher roof to mill on north east. Plan: Watermill on south with overshot wheel and adjoining barn on south west. Exterior: 3 storey elevation to mill with meal floor, full stone and bin floors and high level gallery. 2 storey elevation to adjoining barn. Waterwheel on south elevation. On north elevation; chamfered granite 4-centred arch with keyblock, inscribed '....16 WH 168 - I. May - ' probably reused from earlier building. Interior: 1 millstone in situ. Meal floor, stone floor and bin floor with high level gallery. The watermill is in full use although the millstones have been superceded by modern machinery. The mill was originally known as 'Queens Mill' and closely connected with Lavethan House (qv). Full details given in Maclean. Maclean, Sir J Parochial and Family History of the Deanery of Trigg Minor in the County of Cornwall 1875.



Listing NGR: SX0907373052

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Maclean, J, Parochial and Family History of the Deanery of Trigg Minor in the County of Cornwall, (1879)

National Grid Reference: SX 09078 73053

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1142373 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Aug-2018 at 09:57:10.

End of official listing