This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1142511



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Maldon

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Tolleshunt D'arcy

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 05-Feb-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 353165

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


TOLLESHUNT D'ARCY CHURCH STREET TL 9211-9311 (west side) 7/52 No. 15 (St. Nicholas Cottage) GV II

Pair of attached cottages. C18. Timber framed, partly plastered, partly weatherboarded, partly clad with red bricks in Flemish bond, roofed with handmade red clay tiles. 4 bays facing SE, with an internal stack at each end, and original outshut along full length of rear, with catslide roof. C20 single-storey entrance extension at left side. One storey and attics. Ground floor, 5 C20 casements, one of which incorporates a late C18 wrought iron casement with rectangular leading, and one early C19 window of 16 fixed lights. First floor, 2 C20 casements in lean-to dormers. No doors in front elevation. Gambrel roof. The right half of the front elevation is plastered, with some C18 herringbone pargetting in panels, and the side and rear of the right half is weatherboarded. The left half is clad with red brick in Flemish bond at front, side and back (painted at the front only), with inscriptions in the brickwork of the front elevation 'AM 1784, DM 1784'.

Listing NGR: TL9279011709

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TL 92790 11709


© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1142511 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2018 at 11:34:31.

End of official listing