D'ARCY COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1142522

Date first listed: 30-Dec-1959

Date of most recent amendment: 05-Feb-1987

Statutory Address: D'ARCY COTTAGE, 3, SOUTH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of D'ARCY COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1142522 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 01:15:03.

Location

Statutory Address: D'ARCY COTTAGE, 3, SOUTH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Maldon (District Authority)

Parish: Tolleshunt D'arcy

National Grid Reference: TL 92976 11890

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TOLLESHUNT D'ARCY SOUTH STREET TL 9211-9311 (east side) 7/84 No. 3 (D'Arcy Cottage) (Formerly listed as D'Arcy 30.12.59 Cottage) GV II

House. C18. Red brick in Flemish bond, roofed with handmade red clay pantiles and plain tiles. Single-span range facing W, with an internal stack at each side, and C20 rear extension. 2 storeys and attics. Ground floor, one late C18/early C19 sash of 16 lights, one late C19 splayed bay of sashes of 2-4-2 lights. First floor, 2 similar sashes, and blank recess over door. Attic, 2 C19 sashes of 12 lights and one plain fixed light. Central 6-panel door, the top panels glazed, attached columns with Ionic capitals, pulvinated frieze and dentilled pediment. Wrought iron scrolled bracket for lamp above pediment, incomplete. Brickwork altered on each side of splayed bay. Dentilled eaves cornice. Gambrel roof, with plain tiles on lower pitch and pantiles on upper pitch. The 1953 List states that the doorcase has been removed from D'Arcy House, to the N. The right ground-floor room has a chamfered axial beam with lamb's tongue stops. The left ground-floor room has an axial beam with small ovolo moulding, C18 pine panelling and 2 recessed cupboards with arched heads.

Listing NGR: TL9297611890

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 353196

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing