TRESLOTHAN LODGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1142642

Date first listed: 12-Sep-1989

Date of most recent amendment: 21-Sep-1989

Statutory Address: TRESLOTHAN LODGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of TRESLOTHAN LODGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1142642 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Dec-2018 at 03:53:19.

Location

Statutory Address: TRESLOTHAN LODGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Camborne

National Grid Reference: SW 65112 37864

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CAMBORNE TRESLOTHAN SW 63 NE 8/98 Treslothan Lodge GV II

Schoolmaster's house, now private dwelling. 1842, by George Wightwick of Plymouth for the Pendarves estate. Granite ashlar, slate roof. T-plan formed by single-depth main block with central rear wing, porch in angle with this. Tudor style. Two storeys and 3 bays, symmetrical; plinth; chamfered mullioned windows of 2,1, and 2 lights on each floor, all with diamond leaded glazing, but those at 1st floor all in gableted half-dormers treated as oriels; with gable copings and kneelers to these and to the roof, which has gable chimneys. Gable walls have extruded chimney stacks. Entrance in rear right-hand angle protected by diagonal porch with 4- centred arched outer doorway. Rear wing has one square-headed lancet on each floor of rear wall. Interior not inspected. History: part of small model village built by E.W.W.Pendarves on site of former hamlet of Treslothan, and formerly associated with Endowed School built at the same time on opposite side of lane to west but taken down in 1870's. Reference: Charles Thomas Mrs Percival's Endowed School an Penponds and Treslothan, Camborne, 1761 to 1876 (1982).

Listing NGR: SW6511237864

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 66646

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Thomas, C, Mrs Percivals Endowed School at Penponds and Treslothan Camborne 1761 to 1876, (1982)

End of official listing