PENPONDS CHURCH INSTITUTE AND CHAPEL HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1142664

Date first listed: 12-Sep-1989

Statutory Address: PENPONDS CHURCH INSTITUTE AND CHAPEL HOUSE, HIGHER PENPONDS ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of PENPONDS CHURCH INSTITUTE AND CHAPEL HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1142664 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Dec-2018 at 15:19:39.

Location

Statutory Address: PENPONDS CHURCH INSTITUTE AND CHAPEL HOUSE, HIGHER PENPONDS ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Camborne

National Grid Reference: SW 63694 38919

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CAMBORNE HIGHER PENPONDS ROAD SW 63 NW (west side) 7/55 Penponds Penponds Church Institute and Chapel House GV II Church of England Infants School, now meeting rooms. 1849. Uncoursed killas rubble with granite quoins and dressings, slate roofs. Rectangular plan. Single storey; the asymmetrical facade of the Institute, which is essentially of 3 bays but with 4 windows, has a doorway in the left bay with a modern board door and shallow overlight, and tall 18-pane sashed windows with exposed boxes: one to the left of the door, 2 in the centre, and one in the right-hand bay. Chimney at right-hand gable. Chapel House, continued to the right, is lower, and of 4 bays, with a doorway in the 1st bay (abutting the junction) and three 12-pane sashed windows also with exposed boxes; and a chimney at the right-hand gable. Rear and interior not inspected. History: built on the site of Mrs Percival's Endowed School of 1761 (referred to on wall monument in Church of St Martin and St Meriadocus, Church Street, q.v.). Reference: Charles Thomas Mrs Percival's Endowed School at Penponds and Treslothan, Camborne, 1761 to 1876 (1982). Included for group value with Ivy Cottage to the left and Trevithick's Cottage opposite.

Listing NGR: SW6369438919

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 66601

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Thomas, C, Mrs Percivals Endowed School at Penponds and Treslothan Camborne 1761 to 1876, (1982)

End of official listing