COUNT HOUSE AND ATTACHED SMITH'S SHOP AT KING EDWARD MINE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1142685

Date first listed: 12-Sep-1989

Statutory Address: COUNT HOUSE AND ATTACHED SMITH'S SHOP AT KING EDWARD MINE

Map

Ordnance survey map of COUNT HOUSE AND ATTACHED SMITH'S SHOP AT KING EDWARD MINE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1142685 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 21:38:48.

Location

Statutory Address: COUNT HOUSE AND ATTACHED SMITH'S SHOP AT KING EDWARD MINE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Camborne

National Grid Reference: SW 66319 38929

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CAMBORNE SW 63 NE 8/2 Count House and attached smith's shop at King Edward Mine

GV II* Count house and attached smith's shop, now offices. Late C19, altered. Pebble-dashed render probably on rubble, corrugated sheet roofs. Rectangular plan with smith's shop attached at right-hand end of count house. Two storeys, 2+2 bays, both elements symmetrical; the count house has a central panelled door protected by an added lean-to porch, 2 windows at ground floor with altered glazing and 2 blocked windows above, and a hipped roof without chimneys; attached at the left end is a lean-to store. The smith's shop to the right, which is slightly lower, has a wide central doorway, 2 windows on each floor with altered glazing, and a hipped roof with a chimney to the right-hand side wall. Rear and interior not of special interest. History: originally belonged to South Condurrow Mine, acquired c.1897 by Camborne School of Mines, re-named King Edward Mine in 1901, and now part of a uniquely complete set of mine buildings at this site. Reference: A.W.Brooks "King Edward Mine, West Cornwall, 1897-1921", Camborne School of Mines Journal, 198-.

Listing NGR: SW6631938929

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 66547

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Camborne School of Mines Journal' in Camborne School of Mines Journal, ()

End of official listing