HELSTONE METHODIST CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1142728

Date first listed: 17-Dec-1962

Date of most recent amendment: 13-Jan-1988

Statutory Address: HELSTONE METHODIST CHURCH

Map

Ordnance survey map of HELSTONE METHODIST CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1142728 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 13:06:36.

Location

Statutory Address: HELSTONE METHODIST CHURCH

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Camelford

National Grid Reference: SX0891881370

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CAMELFORD HELSTONE SX 08 SE 4/52 Helstone Methodist Church - (previously listed as Noncomformist 17.12.62 Chapel, Helstone) GV II

Small Methodist Chapel, built as a Wesleyan Meeting House. 1826 (datestone). Stone rubble with granite quoins. Slate roof with hipped ends. Plan: Rectangular plan with entrance in higher right hand end. Late C20 porch added in lean-to extension on right hand end. Symmetrical 2-window front to road with entrance in right hand side; C20 lean-to extension with slate lean-to roof and C19 6-panel door to original entrance within. Lunette tablet above dated 1826. Front elevation has two 2-centred dressed stone arches to window openings; late C19 horned sashes with intersecting glazing bars and the glass to the lower lights replaced with obscured glass in the late C20. 2 similar window openings on rear elevation with brick dressings and early C20 sashes with intersecting glazing bars. The lower left hand side wall has two 2-centred arched openings to the windows which have intersecting glazing bars and crown glass. Interior : Simple pitch pine pews and rostrum with moulded cornice and fluted pilasters replacing original fittings. Stell, C. RCHM unpublished inventory of Non-Conformist Chapels Shaw, T. Methodism in the Camelford and Wadebridge Circuit, 1743-1963 1963

Listing NGR: SX0891881370

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 68494

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Shaw, T, Methodism in the Camelford and Wadebridge Circuit 1743-1963, (1963)
Stell, C, An Inventory of Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting Houses in South West England, (1991)

End of official listing