TREDIVETT

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1142737

Date first listed: 25-Feb-1991

Statutory Address: TREDIVETT

Map

Ordnance survey map of TREDIVETT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1142737 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2018 at 00:17:30.

Location

Statutory Address: TREDIVETT

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: South Petherwin

National Grid Reference: SX3427281320

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SOUTH PETHERWIN - SX38SW Tredivett 2/13 GV II Farmhouse. Probably a late C16(1586) or C17 remodelling of an earlier house with circa C18 and C19 alterations and additions. Stone rubble, rougcast at front. Dry slate roof with gabled ends and clay ridge tiles, some old crested ridge tiles. Stone rubble gable end, axial and lateral stacks. 3-room and cross- passage plan facing south, the lower end to the east (right). 2 storey; lower 1 storey and attic to right. Asymmetrical 5-window south front. C19 and C20 1,2 and 3-light casements with glazing bars, slate cills; ground floor right of centre has chamfered granite lintel. Doorway to left of centre with granite cavetto moulded 4-centred arch frame with fern-leaf carved spandrels, inscribed above in upper case "AD 1586 BYMERC" and C20 flank door. Projecting lateral stack on right with round oven at base and small single storey wing (privy) to its right. Lower right hand gable end has C20 casements. Rear has single storey outshut, porch in left angle with monolithic granite column and casements with glazing bars. Interior: Lower right room has blocked fireplace and exposed ceiling beams. Large centre room (hall) has closely spaced chamfered cross-beams, some with straight-cut stops and larger fireplace with chamfered granite monolith jambs and chamfered timber lintel with ogee stops and a cloan oven. Plank and muntin screen between centre room and cross-passage with chamfered muntins. C19 staircase with stack balusters at back of passage. The left (west) end room has no exposed features. Dairy has some slate shelves and C20 partition. One surviving circa late C16 or early C17 truss over centre appears to be slightly smoke blackened. It is a raised arch truss with chamfered curved feet the chamfer continuing on the soffit of the cambered collar which is dove-tail lap- jointed to the principals; trenched purlins and trenched diagonal ridge-piece. The other later trusses have halved, lapped and pegged collars and halved and crossed apexes.

Listing NGR: SX3427281320

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 68418

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing