This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

METHODIST CHAPEL, SCHOOL ROOM AND GARDEN WALLS TO WEST

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: METHODIST CHAPEL, SCHOOL ROOM AND GARDEN WALLS TO WEST

List entry Number: 1142986

Location

METHODIST CHAPEL, SCHOOL ROOM AND GARDEN WALLS TO WEST, CHAPEL ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Cornwall

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: St. Tudy

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 04-Nov-1988

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 67803

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST TUDY CHAPEL ROAd, St Tudy SX 0676-0776 8/173 Methodist Chapel, school room and garden walls to west

GV II

Methodist Chapel and schoolroom with garden walls and gate to front. 1869. Ashlar slatestone with freestone and granite dressed quoins. Rag slate roof with gable ends to front and rear. Plan: Chapel of overall rectangular plan with entrance in front (west) gable end. School room of 1-room plan directly to rear (east) and C20 extension on lower right hand side of school room on south east. Exterior: Entrance in front gable end which has a tall round headed arch framing the C20 entrance double doors and wrought iron grille in gable end. 3 round headed sash windows with margin glazing bars in left and right hand side elevation. School room to rear and C20 extension to rear right. Interior: Not inspected. Garden walls to front (west) of stone rubble with granite coping. C19 wrought-iron gate. Wesley preached in St Tudy in 1746 and in 1811 the 8 members of the church built a chapel on land obtained from Samual Kekewich. The first chapel was registered in 1824, later being converted into a cottage. Shaw, Thomas Methodism in the Camelford and Wadebridge Circuit 1743-1963, 1963.

Listing NGR: SX0683676437

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Shaw, T, Methodism in the Camelford and Wadebridge Circuit 1743-1963, (1963)

National Grid Reference: SX 06836 76437

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1142986 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2018 at 07:52:13.

End of official listing