KELLYGREEN FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1143016

Date first listed: 04-Nov-1988

Statutory Address: KELLYGREEN FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of KELLYGREEN FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1143016 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2018 at 08:58:18.

Location

Statutory Address: KELLYGREEN FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: St. Tudy

National Grid Reference: SX0459675826

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST TUDY SX 07 NW

1/145 Kellygreen Farmhouse

II

Farmhouse. Circa C17 origins, partly rebuilt in C18 and extended in early C19. Slatestone rubble with reused granite quoins. Rag slate roof with gable ends continuing over 2-storey rear outshot. Brick end stacks and brick stack to outshot on rear right. Plan: Original plan uncertain and as interior was not accessible at time of survey (1986) the chronological development is unclear. The house is of at least 2 rooms in depth and has a straight joint near the front elevation indicating partial rebuilding. Entrance near centre with the 2 front rooms heated by end stacks. 2- storey service range to rear with kitchen on rear right, heated by end stack and stair near centre. Dairy probably to rear left. Exterior: 2-storeys. Asymmetrical 3:1 window front with circa late C18 or early C19 sashes. 2 tall 18-pane hornless sashes to left with C20 glazed door in centre and 30-pane sash to right. On first floor are two 12-pane sashes flanking an 18-pane sash with a 30-pane sash to right. The windows to left have dressed stone arches and the ground and first floor windows on right have timber lintels. Remains of slate tombstone attached on right hand gable end, the inscription reading in 1935 "Sic transit Gloria mundi. John Rowe, Fecit 1729", now partly eroded. Interior: Not accessible. The manor of Kellygreen was anciently the property of the Barrets who resided at the Barton house on or near this site. Gilbert records the remains of a private chapel nearby in 1838 and there are several pieces of dressed granite in the garden in front of the farmhouse. Gilbert, Davies Parochial History of Cornwall founded on the manuscript histories of Kelly's Directory of Cornwall, 1935 Polsue, J Lake's Parochial History of the County of Cornwall, 1867 reprinted in 1974

Listing NGR: SX0459675826

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 67775

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Davies, G, Parochial History of Cornwall founded on the Manuscript Histories of Mr Hals and Mr Tonkin, (1838)
Polsue, J, Lakes Parochial History of the County of Cornwall, (1872)
'Kellys Directory' in Cornwall, (1935)

End of official listing