PENDAVEY FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1143054

Date first listed: 04-Nov-1988

Statutory Address: PENDAVEY FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of PENDAVEY FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1143054 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 08:08:12.

Location

Statutory Address: PENDAVEY FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Egloshayle

National Grid Reference: SX0066671234

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

EGLOSHAYLE sx 07 SW 4/31 Pendavey Farmhouse

II

House, now farmhouse. Circa early to mid C18, part remodelled in late C18. Ashlar stalestone and stone rubble. Asbestos slate roofs with hipped ends to front range and to rear wing. Brick shaft to rear lateral stack on left and brick axial stack between front and rear right hand wing. Brick end stack to rear right hand wing. Plan: Original plan uncertain. The house is built across a slope with the ground sloping down in front of the house and house has a cellar below the front range. Front range of single depth 2-room plan witha wide central entrance hall, stair in projection to rear and 2 reception rooms heated by rear lateral stacks. The rear right hand wing may possibly be an addition of the later C18 comprising a one-room plan, originally the kitchen, heated by aback-to-back fireplace shared with the front right hand room. In circa early C19 a further room was added to the rear wing comprising a large kitchen heated by an end stack. Circa mid C19 extension of 1 room plan added to rear of left hand room and further extended with a dairy in the late C19 to early C20. Exterior: 2-storeys and cellar. Symmetrical 5-window front with dressed slate and slatestone flat arches with keyblocks to window openings. Central panelled door with blind fanlight and broken pediment above. Timber cased piers. 2 horned 12-pane sashes to right and left and five 3-over 6-pane sashes on the first floor, the fouth sash probably early C19. Round headed late C18 or early C19 stair window to rear. Interior: Largely complete with late C18 and early to mid C19 joinery and carpentry. Wide entrance hall with early C19 plaster cornice and late C18 to early C19 stair with open string, stick baulusters, turned newels and moulded and wreathed rail. Moulded cornice in left hand room and simpler cornice in right hand room, both with C20 chimney-pieces. Gun rack above C19 mantleshelf to earlier kitchen. Domesday manor site. Polsue states that the Priors of Bodmin had a chapel at Pendavey. In 1669 the manor, mansion house and barton passed ot the Moyle family. Maclean, Sir John Parochial and Family History of the Deanery of Trigg Minor in the County of Cornwall. 1876 Polsue, J Lake's Parochial History of the County of Cornwall, 1876 reprinted 1974.

Listing NGR: SX0066671234

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 67665

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Maclean, J, Parochial and Family History of the Deanery of Trigg Minor in the County of Cornwall, (1879)
Polsue, J, Lakes Parochial History of the County of Cornwall, (1872)

End of official listing