THE OLD VICARAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1143086

Date first listed: 15-Apr-1988

Statutory Address: THE OLD VICARAGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD VICARAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1143086 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 09:21:07.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD VICARAGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Lanhydrock

National Grid Reference: SX 08133 63506

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LANHYDROCK SX 06 SE 9/60 The Old Vicarage - II

Vicarage, now house. Circa 1845, with C20 alterations. Stone rubble, rendered and lined out. Hipped slate roof with deep eaves ; axial stack and stack at the left side, with rendered shafts. Plan: Double depth plan, with central entrance and principal room to front right and left ; stair hall to centre left and rooms facing the garden along the right side and rear. Large 2-storey service wing attached to rear left. Exterior: 2 storeys, symmetrical 3-window front ; all windows are C19 16-pane sashes, cornice on consoles at ground floor. Central 9-panelled door with cornice on consoles. Plinth and band course. Right side has three 20-pane sashes with cornice on consoles at ground floor ; first floor has three 16-pane sashes. Left side has central 24-pane sash, with round head and margin glazing and splayed glazing bars, lighting the stair. Ground floor 16-pane sash and first floor 9-pane sash. The service wing is 2 storey, with two 16-pane sashes and central blind window at first floor, ground floor has single storey lean-to with sashes and C20 half-glazed door. Rear has 3 windows, at ground floor a 20-pane sash to left, blind central window and 16-pane sash to right. First floor has two 16-pane sashes to right and blind window to left. The service wing is slightly set forward to right, of 4 bays with sashes. Interior: Not inspected. There are panelled shutters to the windows at ground floor and panelled doors. There may be other features, such as a good staircase. Built for The Reverend Charles Grylls, the first vicar after Lanhydrock was made into a "regular" parish by Bishop Philpotts of Exeter in 1844.

Listing NGR: SX0813363506

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 67542

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing