TREGRYLLS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1143451

Date first listed: 20-Jul-1987

Statutory Address: TREGRYLLS

Map

Ordnance survey map of TREGRYLLS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1143451 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Dec-2018 at 12:27:40.

Location

Statutory Address: TREGRYLLS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Lesnewth

National Grid Reference: SX 12487 89410

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LESNEWTH SX 18 NW 5/97 Tregrylls II Farmhouse. Possibly mid C18, extended on right in late C20. Slate stone rubble with granite quoins, dressed stone flat arches to ground floor openings and slate-hung above ground floor on front elevation. Scantle slate roof with gable end on left and extension on right with half hipped end. Brick stack on left hand gable end and brick axial stack, originally end stack on right. Original plan uncertain; probably single depth two room plan, entrance to right of centre with large room on left and smaller room on right, both heated by end stacks. Circa late C18 or early C19 outshut added to rear, heated by stone rubble lateral stack with brick shaft. Extension of one-room plan added on right hand gable end in circa mid to late C20. Two storeys. Regular 4:1 window front, probably with C20 replacement sashes on ground and first floor. Ground floor; two 12-pane sashes with flat dressed stone arches, C20 stone rubble porch and wider 16-pane sash to right with rusticated flat dressed granite arch and keystone. 16-pane sash in extension on right. First floor with 4 12-pane sashes with further 12-pane sash in extension on right. Interior not accessible. The estate of the Gryles was mentioned in 1303 when held by John de Grylls. Passed from E.J. Glynn to Lord Churston and later seat of Betensons. Several memorials of Betenson family in churchyard of St Michaels, Lesnewth (qv). Tregrylls commands a prominent position in the unspoilt landscape of Lesnewth parish. Polsue, J. Lake's Parochial History of the County of Cornwall 1872, reprinted 1974. Vol III. Sites and Monuments Register, Truro, Cornwall.

Listing NGR: SX1248789410

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 68769

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Polsue, J, Lakes Parochial History of the County of Cornwall, (1872)

End of official listing