Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1143537

Date first listed: 13-Jan-1988

Statutory Address: METHODIST CHAPEL


Ordnance survey map of METHODIST CHAPEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1143537 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2018 at 23:42:30.


Statutory Address: METHODIST CHAPEL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Michaelstow

National Grid Reference: SX 07577 79538


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


MICHAELSTOW TREVEIGHAN SX 07 NE 6/133 Methodist Chapel - II

Bible Christian chapel and Sunday school, now Methodist Church. 1828 (datestone). Built by Edward Hocken. Stone rubble with granite quoins, rendered on front. Slate roof with hipped ends. Brick stack in rear hipped end. Plan : overall rectangular-on-plan. Front entrance into the auditorium with the rostrum at the opposite end behind which is a folding wooden screen partitioning off the small Sunday School. Beyond which at the far end is a small carriage house for a horse and trap. In the early C20 a porch was added to the chapel entrance. Exterior : Single storey. Circa early C20 rendered porch with slate hipped roof to front. Right hand side has 2 circa late C19 or early C20 4-pane sashes in altered openings with yellow brick dressings. C19 4-panel door to Sunday school and double plank doors to trap house beyond. 3 late C19 or early C20 4-pane sashes with yellow brick dressings in left hand side wall. Interior : Complete early C19 furnishings with low pitch pine box pews and rostrum. Folding wooden plank screen to rear of rostrum dividing chapel and Sunday school. C19 fireplace with cast iron register grate in Sunday school. 1863-4 circuit plan on wall. Shaw, T Methodism in the Camelford and Wade bridge Circuit 1743-1963. 1963 Stell, C RCHM unpublished inventory of non-conformist chapels

Listing NGR: SX0757779538


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 68575

Legacy System: LBS


Books and journals
Shaw, T, Methodism in the Camelford and Wadebridge Circuit 1743-1963, (1963)
Stell, C, An Inventory of Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting Houses in South West England, (1991)

End of official listing