GROUP OF 5 TOMBCHESTS OF ELIZABETH PEARCE, WILLIAM FILLIS PEARCE, MARGARET PEARCE, RICHARD AND MARY SMITH AND JOHN - 4-8 METRES TO SOUTH OF PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST JULITTA

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1143553

Date first listed: 13-Jan-1988

Statutory Address: GROUP OF 5 TOMBCHESTS OF ELIZABETH PEARCE, WILLIAM FILLIS PEARCE, MARGARET PEARCE, RICHARD AND MARY SMITH AND JOHN - 4-8 METRES TO SOUTH OF PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST JULITTA

Map

Ordnance survey map of GROUP OF 5 TOMBCHESTS OF ELIZABETH PEARCE, WILLIAM FILLIS PEARCE, MARGARET PEARCE, RICHARD AND MARY SMITH AND JOHN - 4-8 METRES TO SOUTH OF PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST JULITTA
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1143553 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 08:09:39.

Location

Statutory Address: GROUP OF 5 TOMBCHESTS OF ELIZABETH PEARCE, WILLIAM FILLIS PEARCE, MARGARET PEARCE, RICHARD AND MARY SMITH AND JOHN - 4-8 METRES TO SOUTH OF PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST JULITTA

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Camelford

National Grid Reference: SX 08811 82318

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CAMELFORD LANTEGLOS-BY-CAMELFORD SX 08 SE 4/70 Group of 5 tombchests of Elizabeth - Pearce, William Fillis Pearce, Margaret Pearce, Richard and Mary Smith and John - 4-8 metres to south of porch of Church of St Julitta GV II

Group of 5 tombchests. 1759-1862. Tombchest of Elizabeth Pearce who died in 1798, Edward Pearce (1802) and Mary Pearce (1803). Stone rubble chest with slate lid. Inscription in upper and lower case lettering with serifs. Tombchest of William Fillis Pearce of Tremeddan, Liskeard formerly of parish of Lanteglos who died in 1862 and Susanna Pearce (1888). Brick chest with slate lid. Granite kerb surrounding with iron railings. Tombchest of Margaret Pearce, daughter of Edward and Honour Pearce who died in 1759, Honor Pearce wife of Edward Pearce and Edward Pearce Gent (1810). Chest removed with only thick lid surviving; granite moulded edge with slate ledgerstone. Inscribed in upper and lower case lettering with serifs. Tombchest of Richard and Mary Smith of Fenterwanson who died in 1799 and 1803. Also their sons Richard (1780), John (1787) and Thomas (1812). Stone rubble chest with slate lid. Inscribed in upper and lower case lettering with serifs. Tombchest of John - who died in 1814. Stone rubble chest with slate lid inscribed in upper and lower case lettering with serifs, the inscription partly illegible.

Listing NGR: SX0880782312

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 68512

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing