THE VILLAGE HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1143652
Date first listed:
14-Jan-1988
Statutory Address:
THE VILLAGE HALL, THE GREEN LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE VILLAGE HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1143652 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Sep-2019 at 21:01:52.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE VILLAGE HALL, THE GREEN LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cornwall (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
St. Erth
National Grid Reference:
SW 54962 35071

Details

ST ERTH THE GREEN LANE, St Erth SW 5435-5535 13/232 The Village Hall - GV II National school, now used as hall. Opened in 1841, some alterations in 1850, 1855, 1864 and 1902. Granite rubble with granite dressings. Grouted scantle slate roof with coped gable ends to the front return wings. Dressed granite chimneys over the cross walls towards left and right. Axial ventilators. Plan: U-shaped plan with large schoolroom on either side of a central entrance and identical classrooms at either end projecting at the front. Central porch rebuilt C10 and window of left-hand bay restored C20. Exterior: Single storey. Symmetrical 1:2:1:2:1 bay south west front with central doorway and porch. Left and right-hand gable ended bays are built forward and have central 2-light mullioned windows with top openings over transoms under heightened eaves. The original fixed lights have latticed iron casements. 2 original 16-pane hornless sashes at rear. Interior: Not inspected. Sources: PRO school file.

Listing NGR: SW5496535072

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
70322
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/06677/30
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Ivan Barnes. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].