J AND F POOL LTD

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1143666

Date first listed: 14-Jan-1988

Statutory Address: J AND F POOL LTD, 2, POND WALK

Map

Ordnance survey map of J AND F POOL LTD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1143666 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 12:50:13.

Location

Statutory Address: J AND F POOL LTD, 2, POND WALK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Hayle

National Grid Reference: SW 56983 38046

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HAYLE POND WALK, Hayle SW 5637-5737 11/181 No 2 (J & F Pool Ltd) - GV II Former office for the Copperhouse Foundry of The Cornish Copper Company. Circa 1775. Built for the Cornish Copper Company. Painted stuccoed front, otherwise painted copper slag blocks. Steep half-hipped asbestos slate roof. Cast-iron ogee gutters. Plan: Double depth plan with narrow front room on the left and wide front room on the right flanking an entrance hall leading to a stair hall between the rear service rooms. Right-hand front room may once have been a shop with a shop-front. Exterior: 2-storeys. 3 window north front (possibly originally symmetrical with central doorway). Present doorway, left of middle, and 2 windows on its right may be replacements for possible former shopfront. These openings have C20 door and probably C20 12-pane horned sashes. The other openings have circa early C19 12-pane hornless sashes. Rear has central stair window with circa early C19 16-pane hornless sash. The Cornish Copper Company was a partnership of leading entrepreneurs set up in 1755, a partnership which went on to span over a century of progress and development of a major part of the present port of Hayle in an area which became known as Copperhouse. Sources: The History of the Cornish Copper Company, Pascoe W H; The Harvey of Hayle, Vale E.

Listing NGR: SW5698338046

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 70255

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pascoe, WH , The History Of the Cornish Copper Company
Vale, E, The Harveys of Hayle, (1966)

End of official listing