This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

HARVEY TOMB AT APPROXIMATELY 2 METRES NORTH OF WEST END OF CHURCH OF SAINT WINNEAR

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: HARVEY TOMB AT APPROXIMATELY 2 METRES NORTH OF WEST END OF CHURCH OF SAINT WINNEAR

List entry Number: 1143695

Location

HARVEY TOMB AT APPROXIMATELY 2 METRES NORTH OF WEST END OF CHURCH OF SAINT WINNEAR

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Cornwall

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Gwinear-Gwithian

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 14-Jan-1988

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 70122

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

GWINEAR-GWITHIAN GWINEAR CHURCHTOWN SW 53 NE 4/27 Harvey tomb at approximately 2 metres north of west end of Church - of Saint Winnear

GV II Chest tomb. Circa 1850. To John Harvey, who established a foundry at Hayle, died 1803 aged 73 ; Joanna (Pearce) died 1807, aged 73 and Henry their son, died 1850 aged 73, after an active life in which he largely developed the harbour of Hayle together with the foundry and the trade at that port. Dressed and polished granite. Rectangular-on-plan sarcophagus chest standing within an outer kerb with fence. The chest has a moulded plinth and cornice and hipped lid ; the fence has 8 cast-iron trust stanchions with acanthus plinths and ball finials carrying chains with alternate rectangular and spiked links. The ironwork is presumably by the family firm (Harveys of Hayle). John Harvey and Anne Pearce were the parents of Jane who married Richard Trevithick, the famous engineer.

Listing NGR: SW5948737383

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SW 59488 37381

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1143695 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2018 at 05:17:15.

End of official listing