This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

LYNHURST

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: LYNHURST

List entry Number: 1143759

Location

LYNHURST, THE SQUARE
LYNHURST, WEST END

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Cornwall

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Marazion

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 10-Jun-1954

Date of most recent amendment: 09-Oct-1987

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 69976

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

MARAZION THE SQUARE, Marazion SW 5130

4/66 Lynhurst

10.6.54

GV II

House. C17, remodelled in the C18, C19 and C20. Rendered walls. Grouted scantle slate roof sweeping lower at rear. Brick chimney over left hand gable end, adjoining taller house right. Cast iron ogee gutter. Plan: double depth plan: 2 rooms at the front with cross passage between; service rooms under C18 outshut and C18 projecting stair turret with hipped roof behind the right hand side. Exterior : 2 storeys. Symmetrical 3 window east front with central doorway. C20 3- light casements with 4-centred arched lights in wide openings except for narrower 2- light window over the doorway. Rear has C18 20-pane window with wide glazing bars in the rear wall of the stair turret and later sash to the left-hand side. Interior not inspected. Prince Charles later Charles II is reputed to have spent the night here on 2nd March 1646, before escaping to the Scillies following the Royalist defeat at Naseby (inscribed plaque).

Listing NGR: SW5177930607

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SW 51779 30607

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1143759 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Aug-2018 at 11:49:42.

End of official listing